I never make New Year resolutions. Sure, I have a few friends who have successfully lost weight or quit smoking or read more books or whatever, but I think most people just end up setting themselves up for failure. Instead, I like to take a look back at all the cool stuff I managed to do, and make a list of new things I'd like to try... but I tend to do this all throughout the year, not just on January 1.
2006 - The Year in Review:
- I was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year for my outstanding contribution to internet culture. I'm quite certain I received this honour for my topless party shots on Flickr, not this blog. I wasn't especially happy to share this esteemed award with the rest of you boneheads.
- After 6 years of planning to visit Chicago again, I finally made the trip in May 2006. I love architechture and art galleries, and Chicago has some of the best to offer in the U.S. But I really built up the trip in my head and ended up kinda disappointed. I should have gone to NYC.
- This year, I wanted to circulate my photography beyond the realm of Flickr, so with the incredible support of The Scandelles and GalleryCrawl.ca, I held two successful exhibitions in The Antechamber at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre. Now that I'm not so scared to mount a solo show, I'll likely do a couple more in 2007.
- I had the great fortune of being invited to Camp Stewart this year - a weekend of camping, dress-up, and drinking. It was a new level of Fun for me. I got to be Xena for a day. I never had the chance to attend summer camp as a kid. This was nothing like that.
- In all my years of watching Formula 1 racing, this was the most exciting season yet. Michael Schumacher just retired, and my other fave driver, Jacques Villeneuve, lost his seat mid-way through the year, but it was still a wild ride.
- I didn't win any lotteries (as planned), but I assure you this is not due to a lack of effort on my part.
Coming in 2007:
- A new haircut. Probably a new hair colour too.
- Less drinking, more thinking. Well, until summer anyways.
- I'm helping out a friend of mine with his graphic novel, Top Superstar. It's gonna be sweet.
- I'll be painting again. If not for love, then at least for money.
- Planning Summerlovefest Tour '07 part I -- NYC, Cape Cod, Boston. ETA July 2007.
- Planning Summerlovefest Tour '07 part II -- visit Aaron in St. Pete's or bring Aaron to Toronto. Either way it will be messy.
- More Partiste parties! More films, more fun.
Here's wishing all my blog friends a very Happy New Year and all the best in 2007!