Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th: my lucky day

So it's Friday the 13th, and I've got a blockbuster program lined up for the day:

1. My ex-co-workers (the ones I like) are hosting a farewell lunch at one of my favourite teppanaki places. It's a private/not corporate affair done a little 'on the sly', which reminds me of my mistress days, so it's a bit of a turn-on.


2. Business meetings in the afternoon with some close associates/suppliers which will likely involve alcohol, outdoorsy sunshine, and someone else picking up the tab out of sympathy to my situation.

3. Robot vs. Human madness at the early show of Transformers: more than meets the eye. If you've seen this already and you think it sucks, please save your comments until tomorrow, because I have no problem enjoying a movie that has no plot, cheesy characters, and bad acting, just as long as the world is exploding all around them.

Friday the 13th and I have always gotten on well. I'm even going to buy a lottery ticket tonight, which is something I rarely ever do.

Wish me luck.

9 comments:

pistols at dawn said...

I would like the universe to know that I am giving any luck I was going to have today to Katrocket's lottery ticket.

The upside of functional alcoholism: I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until reading this. Now I'll be aware that I'm doomed instead of blissfully ignorant. Thanks!

Leonesse said...

I didn't realize it until this morning.

I would offer Kat my luck, but seeing as how I am cursed I think she would get very pissed off. I don't think I would like to see her angry.

In fact, shortly after I start commenting on her blog what happens? She lost her job just like my dh 2 weeks after we get back from our honeymoon.

Oh dear god, it is spreading....

T said...

Luck is timing. For those of you that sleep all day instead of being productive, -your "luck" will "suck". Hard work and the willingness to strive for more will bring you luck. Sit back and not have the 'huevos' to create your luck, and you will suffer.

With that being said, Kat, you will probably be the luckiest person I (kinda) know.

pistols at dawn said...

Leonesse, your designated hitter lost his job? Was he traded to an NL team?

Regardless, that is unfortunate timing. I knew a girl who lost her job right after I jilted her, but it was her fault, because she was always crying and complaining about how she was going to die alone instead of working. I had to fire her.

Bert, the platitudinous Banana. said...

So far 7-13-07 has been okay. Odds are you'll read this after you get home from the day's outings and be in one of three moods, two of which will result in it not mattering a bit what I say here. But that third mood... Hey, it'll all get better someday, really...

But the odds are in your favor, because you know you've got us in your corner; you know that we would move heaven and earth to help you, should it ever become necessary, and it won't really take much effort on our parts. Which is more than you can say for the rest of the world, those freaks.

Leonesse said...

I am not so sure I wanna be in a corner with Pistols.

And that was my Deep Hernia I was speaking about. Or was that Dear Hemorrhoid? Regardless, if he doesn't bring me my beer soon he will be in the second round draft.

And that turned into an unintentional pun. badoom-ch.

Snooze said...

Teppanaki. Explain please.

katrocket said...

Snooze: Teppanaki is Japanese food, like a stir fry. have you ever seen those big U-shaped tables where you all sit around the chef and he cuts/preps and cooks everything on a big flat grill in front of you? If not, we should go sometime! It's a fun thing to do with friends.

If I win the lottery, it's on me! I would fly each of you in for Toronto Teppanaki!

CoffeeDog said...

Oh I love those japanese grill places, yummy!