Friday, November 2, 2007

How Would Jesus Drive?

I was taking a taxi across town this afternoon, rushing to an appointment, and we got stuck creeping along behind an elderly couple driving about 10 mph. They were either lost or asleep - plenty of "left-no! right-no-I-meant-left!" blinker action and sudden stops.

The cabbie was totally annoyed with the seniors. They had a Jesus fish, and a "What Would Jesus Do?" bumper sticker on the trunk of their car. Almost immediately after I noticed these decals, the cabbie lost his patience and started gesturing at them, honking the horn, and swearing in Arabic.


While I was laughing at his reaction from the back seat, he shouted:

"I TELL YOU WHAT THE JESUS WOULD DO! HE WOULD GET HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!!"

And then I got to thinking: he was so right. The Jesus was really into keeping people away from Hell. But I'm pretty sure he would just pull over and look at a map.

8 comments:

pistols at dawn said...

They say Jesus is everywhere, but I'm pretty sure He's never in Canada, because He's not that forgiving of mistakes.

Dale said...

How embarrassing would it be for Jesus to ask for directions? I agree with the map quest.

Bert Bananas said...

I lament the fact that blogs don't do accents. I'm sure actually hearing the words was even more funny than reading them. In my mind I'm hearing Apu say them, even though he's from India. I'm accentually incorrect.

Thank you for sparking a post...

Snooze said...

I do love some of the cab drivers in Toronto.

Grant Miller said...

Jesus built my hot rod.

Leonesse said...

Someone put a lovely christian bumper sticker on my car once. When I flipped off another driver for deliberately pulling in front of me twice and flipping ME off, they pointed out I wasn't being very Christian-like. I then told them it wasn't mine and then reaaaalllly told them off until they looked forward and ignored me. Turn the other ASS cheek, maybe.

The Guv'ner said...

"DON'T FOCK WITH THE JESUS!"

Oh dear. The tears of joy just won't stop.

T said...

Muhammad wouldn't have gotten out of the way. -He would have blown you guys up.