Rocketradio has long hosted a popular feature known as The Birthday Wish, whereby a mildly embarrassing tribute is dedicated to Katrocket's favourite bloggers. Well, it's Katrocket's birthday today, so The Management would like to get this post out of the way before the six monkeys we hired to write content during the WGA strike get all drunk and start hurling insults (and poo).
This year, we take a glimpse into the secret life of our Host, with...
Fun Facts About Katrocket:
1. Katrocket's partnership with alcohol began at an early age, when she instinctively gravitated toward imports. (Photo courtesy of Aaron Edwards)
1. Katrocket has impeccable handwriting.
2. In 1987, the Vatican hired a young, mulleted Katrocket to market Pope John Paul II to a younger audience. She also is responsible for the name "John Paul II", after successfully arguing that the name Karel was "a bit girlie". Father Wojtyla was asked to pick his new name out of a giant pointy hat, which, unbeknownst to him, included only the first names of the Beatles. It is only by divine miracle that the world never came to know Pope Ringo George II.
3. Katrocket had a brief, but exciting fling with Canadian Formula 1 driver Jacques Villeneuve -- in her mind. She maintains to this day that his horrendous CD of cheesy French love songs is "all about the Rocket".
4. Katrocket has been a commuter's advocate for several years, and is about to knock the Toronto Transit Commission on its ass with her proposal to replace the lame and ineffective "TTC Special Constables" with "Hot Scantily Clad Chicks With Guns". Because no one disobeys an armed woman in panties.
5. Katrocket once made Chuck Norris a sandwich. It was the greatest sandwich he has ever tasted. He then went on to kick the world's ass.
Happy Birthday Katrocket.
The Management and HR Department here at Rocketradio looks forward to another year of warning letters and lawsuits. Please try to be sober for your shift on Monday.