Hey you! I was going to blame my absence on a busy urban lifestyle, running around town with no time to spare. The truth is, I am very lazy about writing stuff down. So here's what's going on in my world...
1) I started a new job about a month ago. I work in the programming dept. of Canada's largest private broadcast and digital network. It's just a couple blocks up the street from my last job at Canada's largest public broadcast and digital network. I miss my colleagues at the Mothercorp, but the new joint offers fewer hipsters and free coffee so it doesn't suck.
2) There's a new Thai restaurant in the neighbourhood. My buddy who lives next door asked me where it was. I told him "it's the place next to the supermarket with a big fucking sign that says New Thai Restaurant". He thought I was being a smartass. >
Not this time.
3) For the past year, I've been spending my evenings with a smokin' hot Venezuelan construction worker. He is not pictured exactly as shown, but this is the first result you'll get if you type "Venezuelan construction worker" into Google images, and hey, it's close enough. He's funny and sweet and a great companion, so he's still slightly more interesting than the internet at this point. I think we both know that could change any day; Cats do some pretty funny shit.
|the 2011 Kathaus Skyjungle!|
4) A few weeks of unseasonably warm weather in March kick-started some perennials in the Kathaus Skygarden two months early. The bleeding heart broke ground and grew to over 2 feet tall in 3 weeks, and I've got a pantload of french tarragon, too. Some mint, basil, cilantro, and disco marigolds have reseeded themselves so I hope the weather stays mild. I've doubled the number of containers this year to plant my first high-rise vegetable garden. Screw you Sobey's, I want free organic salad! The 2011 Skygarden (pictured left) was a JUNGLE of hyancinth and morning glory vines that bloomed well into November and took very little effort to maintain. Veggies will be hard work, but I'm up for it.
|Coming in Summer 2012: free organic salad|
|Bleeding heart (Lamprocapnos spectabilis)|
|Clearly Kimi has been taking modeling tips from Venezuelan construction worker.|
5) Formula 1 season is under way and so far it's been the most exciting racing I've seen in years. My favourite driver, Kimi Räikkönen, has returned after a 3-year absence, and six former Champions on the grid with seemingly competitive cars make for some really great action. I'm hoping to secure tickets for the Canadian Grand Prix du Montreal in June... it's always been near the top of my Big List of Life Adventures, and it looks like the year to experience it first-hand.